This bread is moist, colorful and crunchy.
2 cups flour 3/4 cup sugar 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2teaspoon salt 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1/3 cup canola oil 1 egg 1/3 cup fat-free milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds) 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter one 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan or several smaller loaf pans. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine banana, oil, and egg. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add milk and vanilla. Pour liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until just blended. Add pomegranate arils and nuts. Stir to mix. Spoon into pan(s). Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle. A wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Note: If you prefer smaller loaves of bread, divide batter into smaller loaf pans.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 175 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 26 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road