Keep these tasty little muffins in the freezer for a quick healthful snack.
1 large ripe banana, sliced 1/4 cup canola oil 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 1 egg 1/4 cup fat-free milk 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 3/4 cup flour 3/4 cup oatmeal 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini-muffin pans. In a small food processor or blender, combine banana, oil, brown sugar, egg, milk, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and set aside. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix. Add banana mixture and stir until well blended. Fill mini-muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly brown and middle is set. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Makes 30 mini muffins
Nutritional Information per muffin:
Calories: 55 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1