This is a light refreshing and healthful dessert.
6 large fresh firm plums 1 cup Riesling or other sweet white wine 1/2 cup diced dried fruit 3 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1 tablespoon butter, softened 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut plums in half and remove pits. Place in baking pan and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine wine and dried fruit. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain fruit in a strainer over a bowl; reserve wine and fruit separately.
In a small bowl, combine sugar, ginger, butter, and egg yolk. Stir in reserved fruit and pecans. Stir to mix. Fill each plum half with fruit filling, dividing equally between the 12 halves. Pour reserved wine in the baking pan around the plums. Bake for 20 25 minutes or until plums are tender.
Place plums into individual serving bowl - (2 halves per bowl). Pour remaining liquid into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly syrupy and mixture is reduced in half. Pour over plums before serving. Serve with frozen yogurt on the side if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 130 Fat, gm. 4 Protein, gm. 2 Carb. gm. 20 Cholesterol, mg. 40 Fiber, gm. 1.8
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire