Make your ham even better with this special maple syrup glaze.
3-1/2 pounds fully cooked lean ham
1 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ham in greased baking pan. Combine all glaze ingredients in small saucepan. Stir to mix. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the glaze mixture over the ham. Place in oven and bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until ham is heated through. While ham is baking, bring remaining glaze mixture to a boil and continue to boil gently until mixture is reduced by half. Occasionally baste ham with the glaze. Place remaining glaze in a small bowl, and pass at the table with the ham.
Note: This glaze is also good with a pork roast.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 10
Protein, gm. 39
Carbs, gm. 29
Cholesterol, mg. 90
Fiber, gm. 0.1
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement