These are wonderful little appetizers. It is certainly hard to eat just one!
6 slices whole-wheat or white bread 4 ounces reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature 1 tablespoon fat-free milk 1 egg 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning dash white pepper 1 tablespoon canola oil 5 slices turkey bacon, cut into small pieces 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 1/3 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms dash seasoned salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini-muffin tins. Remove crusts from bread. Cut each piece into 4 small squares. Press to flatten slightly and then press a square of bread into each of the mini-muffin tins.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, and egg. Beat until smooth. Add shredded cheese, herbs, and white pepper. Stir to blend. Set aside.
In a medium skillet, heat oil. Add bacon pieces and cook until crisp. Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Add vegetables and bacon to the cream cheese mixture. Stir to mix. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mini-muffin tin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 55 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 15 Cholesterol, mg.: 0.2 Fiber, gm.: 3
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart