This is an elegant way to serve asparagus. The best part is that it can be made ahead of time.
1 pound fresh asparagus 1 cup low fat sour cream 1/4 cup Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon lemon zest
In a large saucepan, cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes or just until tender. Do not overcook. Chill under cold running water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
In a small bowl combine sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, honey, and lemon zest. Arrange asparagus in shallow serving bowl. Spoon dressing on top.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 14 Cholesterol, mg.: 20 Fiber, gm.: 1.8
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say