This is an elegant way to serve asparagus. The best part is that it can be made ahead of time.
1 pound fresh asparagus 1 cup low fat sour cream 1/4 cup Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon lemon zest
In a large saucepan, cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes or just until tender. Do not overcook. Chill under cold running water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
In a small bowl combine sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, honey, and lemon zest. Arrange asparagus in shallow serving bowl. Spoon dressing on top.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 14 Cholesterol, mg.: 20 Fiber, gm.: 1.8
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say