Impress your guests with this fancy way to serve asparagus but don't let them know how easy it is. The asparagus rolls can even be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. It bakes for just 10 minutes. That takes away the pressure of having to cook a vegetable at the last minute and getting it done just right.
24 spears asparagus, about 1 pound 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese dash hot pepper sauce 4 slices bread, crust removed butter spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. In a medium skillet, cook asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 - 5 minutes or just until tender. Chill under cold running water and pat dry. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, and hot pepper sauce. Stir to mix. Set aside.
Roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin or pizza roller to thin. Spread each slice with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Cut each slice in half on the diagonal. Place 2 spears of asparagus on each of the diamond shaped pieces of bread. Roll bread around the asparagus pressing bread thin as you roll. Place in baking pan and spray with butter spray. Bake for 8 -12 minutes or just until bread is lightly toasted.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 130 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 5 Carbs, gm. 15 Cholesterol, mg. 5 Fiber, gm. 1.9
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit