This is a zippy tasting cole slaw. It has enough seasoning that it can be made with fat-free or low-fat mayonnaise. Note the calorie differences with the various mayonnaises.
16 ounces (about 8 cups) shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix 5 ounces (about 3 cups) shredded red cabbage 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1/2 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup fat-free or low fat mayonnaise 3 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 3 tablespoons lime juice 3 tablespoons rice vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce dash ground ginger dash hot sauce such as Tabasco salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine white cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and onions. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, splenda, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. Whisk until smooth. Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir dressing into cabbage mixture. Blend well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving made with fat-free mayonnaise:
Calories: 45 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 0 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.1
Nutritional Information per serving made with low-fat mayonnaise:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 0 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.1
Nutritional Information per serving made with regular mayonnaise::
Calories: 180 Fat, gm.: 16 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 2.1
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing