It is surprising but the apples stay crisp and white even when the salad is prepared the day before serving. The nuts are best added just before serving.
2 medium red apples, cored and diced 2 medium green apples, cored and diced 2 stalks celery, diced 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Dressing 6 ounces nonfat creamy lemon or peach yogurt 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 2 teaspoons lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon allspice*, to taste
In a large bowl, combine apples and celery. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and lemon juice. Add allspice to taste. Combine dressing with apples and celery. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, add nuts if desired.
*Note: Substitute 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg for the allspice.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber, gm.: 3.4
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two