The combination of apples and raspberries with a light streusel topping is the perfect fall sweet treat.
5 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped in 1 inch pieces 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen raspberries without sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar* 2 tablespoons regular white sugar* 1 tablespoon flour 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour 1/3 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 baking pan. In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Stir to mix. Spoon into baking pan. In a small food processor, combine flour and rolled oats. Process until finely ground. Add remaining filling ingredients and pulsate until mixture begins to form crumbs and has a streusel-like consistency. Sprinkle on top of filling. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until apples are tender and mixture is bubbling.
Note: When I use Splenda, I often also use a small amount of regular sugar for a more natural flavor. In this recipe, consider the tartness of the apples you are using and alter the amount of Splenda or sugar to suit your tastes.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 175 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 33 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 2.1
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend