Oh ? So good!!
5 large apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. Arrange apple slices in the pan. Drizzle with maple syrup. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in rolled oats (oatmeal), flour, and pecans. Spoon topping over the apples.
Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly brown.
Note: Choose a good baking apple such as Macintosh or Golden Delicious.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 6
Protein, gm. 2
Carbs, gm. 38
Cholesterol, mg. 15
Fiber, gm. 2.1
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land