This is the perfect combination of apples and cranberries in a pie with a sweet streusel topping.
1 pre-made 9 inch pie crust
Filling 4 large Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and diced 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Topping 3/4 cup flour 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup rolled oats, rolled 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut in small pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pre-made pie crust into deep 9 inch pie pan. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spoon into pie shell. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Using a knife or pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles course corn meal. Sprinkle on top of filling. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is brown.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 350 Fat, gm.: 12 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 59 Cholesterol, mg.: 20 Fiber, gm.: 2.2
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls