Enjoy a healthful moist muffin. It is surprisingly high in fiber.
1 cup Fiber One cereal(tm) 2/3 cup fat-free milk 1/2 cup ground flax seeds 2 large eggs 2/3 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup canola oil 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1 large apples, peeled, and cored 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup flour 1/2 cup shredded coconut, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degree. Grease mini-muffin tin. Crush cereal in a food processor. Combine cereal and milk in a large bowl. Add ground flax seeds, eggs, brown sugar, and oil. Mix well. Finely chop carrots and apples in a food processor. Add to cereal mixture and stir to mix. Add baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour and stir until blended. Add coconut if desired.
Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 10 minutes or until set in the middle. Do not over bake. Remove from pan and cook on a rack.
Makes 40 mini-muffins
Nutritional Information per muffin:
Calories: 50 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 9 Fiber, gm.: 1.5
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI