You will love this super moist, wonderfully flavored cake. It is very hard to eat just one piece!
1/4 cup canola oil 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt 1 cup sugar 1 large egg 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ginger 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 1/4 cups flour 3 medium apples, chopped
Topping 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk 1 cup coconut 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. Combine oil, yogurt, sugar, and eggs in large bowl. Beat well. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in flour. Stir in apples. Spoon into pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle. While cake is baking, combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter is melted. When cake is done, gently spread topping evenly over the cake. Place cake under oven broiler and broil until topping is bubbling and lightly brown.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 255 Fat, gm. 12 Protein, gm. 3 Carb. gm. 34 Cholesterol, mg. 30 Fiber, gm. 1.6
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later