Enjoy your apples and cheese together in this light and tangy appetizer.
- 8 ounces baby Swiss or aged Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free or reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or other nuts of your choice
In a food processor, combine Swiss cheese, cream cheese, milk, and mustard. Blend until smooth. Spoon into small bowl. Add apple to food processor and chop fine. Add apples to cheese mixture and stir to blend well. Add nuts and stir. Sprinkle extra nuts on top if desired.
Serve with crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving without crackers:
Calories 65 Fat, gm. 4 Protein, gm. 5 Carbs, gm. 2 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.3
Note from Donna:
I have lots more recipes available in my MOM'S UPDATED RECIPE BOX 2nd edition cookbook. There are 300 recipes that are healthy, modern versions of all your family's favorite home style recipes. If you would like a copy, I can send it to you and you can return a check after you receive it. - $15 plus $1.50 postage.
Please call me at (608) 263-9128 or email me at email@example.com
Thanks, Donna Weihofen
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap