Dress up your pork with a little bourbon!
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or loin pork chops
1/2 cup bourbon, brandy, or pomegranate juice 2 tablespoons maple syrup 2 tablespoons honey mustard 2 tablespoons canola oil
Trim white membrane and any fat from the pork tenderloins. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine bourbon, maple syrup, and honey mustard. Whisk to blend well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil gently for 5 - 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced in half. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a cup and save the remaining sauce to serve with the meat. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to the mixture in the cup. Using a pastry brush, cover meat lightly with this mixture of sauce and oil.
*Preheat grill to medium-low heat. Grill meat until brown on the outside and slightly pink in the middle. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Serve reserved sauce with the meat.
Note: *The tenderloin or chops may also be cooked in a non-stick skillet on the stove over medium-low heat. Turn as needed to brown the meat without burning.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 340 Fat, gm.: 8 Protein, gm.: 52 Carbs, gm.: 14 Cholesterol, mg.: 110 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later