Three area child advocacy centers will be getting a $17,000 grant for education, training, medical advice and quality assurance activities, according to a release.
Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen announced Thursday that 14 Wisconsin child advocacy centers will each receive a grant.
The centers provide comprehensive services for child victims and their families, according to a release. The centers across Wisconsin coordinate services from law enforcement and criminal justice agencies, child protective services, victim advocacy agencies and health care providers.
“Victimizing a child is an unimaginable act, but sadly, we know it occurs far too often,” Van Hollen said in the release. “These centers are designed to bring the various disciplines together to care for child victims as law enforcement works toward holding the offender accountable.”
Centers receiving the grant include:
- Green County Human Services -- Green County Child Advocacy Center
- YWCA of Rock County -- YWCA CARE House
- Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center (Dane County)
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin -- Walworth County Child Advocacy Center
- Child Advocacy Center of North Central Wisconsin (Marathon County)
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin – Racine Child Advocacy Center Program
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin – Kenosha
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc. -- Willow Tree Cornerstone Child Advocacy Center
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – Fox Valley Child Advocacy Center
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin -- Chippewa Valley Child Advocacy Center
- Family Service of Waukesha -- The C.A.R.E. Center
- Family and Children's Center -- Stepping Stones (La Crosse)
- Marshfield Clinic -- Child Advocacy Center (Wood County)
Grants are administered through the Office of Crime Victim Services at the Wisconsin Department of Justice and do not provide funding for direct services, according to the release. State funds support the professional development, service improvement, medical consultation and evaluation in Wisconsin’s child advocacy centers.