MADISON, Wis. - A retired Madison minister is doing what he can to help the people of Puerto Rico in their time of need, he's teamed up with Costco to get supplies to those who desperately need them.
Bill White —a former pastor for Bethel Lutheran — has gone to Puerto Rico for several years with members of his church and formed a group called Partners For Puerto Rico.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, he's having his partners there go to Costco and buy the supplies they need, and is charging it to the group's credit card.
If you want to help the people of Puerto Rico, you can send a tax-deductible donation to Partners For Puerto Rico. That money will be used solely for much-needed supplies that is guaranteed to be distributed directly to the people struggling on the island.
You can send the check to Partners for Puerto Rico at the address of 4822 Woodburn Drive, Madison, WI 53711.
- Business owner calls for action after months of waiting for charges from DA
- The art of gratitude: Doctors say giving thanks improves your health
- Janesville men's shelter thankful for new permanent home
- 2nd possible shots fired incident Thursday morning reported near Stoughton Road, Hwy. 151
- Eau Claire woman's body found in south Minneapolis park
- Wisconsin among states backing bid to collect online sales tax