LEBANON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A woman was shot at by her boyfriend, who later surrendered to deputies, according to the Dodge County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home in Hidden Meadows Trailer Court in Lebanon Township at 11:49 p.m. after a 29-year-old woman called 911 and reported that her boyfriend pointed an assault rifle at her and made threats. The woman said the 30-year-old had fired the rifle at her and he shot at least five more times.
A neighbor also called 911 to report gunfire, according to deputies.
Deputies said that when they arrived the woman had gone back into her home in Warbler Way and found the shooter and rifle gone.
A perimeter was set up at the trailer park entrance and a deputy was able to reach the man on his cellphone. The man surrendered to officers. Officers were on the scene for six hours.
Deputies said about 25 spent casings were found on Warbler Way and a rifle with a high-powered scope was found behind a neighbor's storage building and was loaded. Three loaded magazines were found next to the rifle, according to deputies.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of obstructing an officer.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison