MADISON, Wis. - A North side woman was robbed after a man asking her for change for a $50 bill grabbed her wallet and fled Tuesday, according to a Madison Police Department report.
Police said the incident happened on Northport Drive at about 7:40 p.m.
A 27-year-old woman told police she was in the parking lot of her apartment building when a black man, about 6 feet 2 inches tall with facial stubble and a dark complexion asked if she could exchange smaller bills for a $50. When she pulled out her wallet, the stranger took it and ran.
The report also noted that the thief was wearing blue jeans and a black hooded jacket.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US