MADISON, Wis. - A North side woman was robbed after a man asking her for change for a $50 bill grabbed her wallet and fled Tuesday, according to a Madison Police Department report.
Police said the incident happened on Northport Drive at about 7:40 p.m.
A 27-year-old woman told police she was in the parking lot of her apartment building when a black man, about 6 feet 2 inches tall with facial stubble and a dark complexion asked if she could exchange smaller bills for a $50. When she pulled out her wallet, the stranger took it and ran.
The report also noted that the thief was wearing blue jeans and a black hooded jacket.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say