BELOIT, Wis. - A woman was robbed by a man with a handgun while she was withdrawing money from a drive-up ATM in Beloit Thursday, according to police.
The victim told police she was completing a cash withdrawal at an ATM at about 6:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Public Avenue when she was approached by a man on foot who forced his way into vehicle.
The man ordered the victim to make another withdrawal and stole the cash from both withdrawals, according to police.
The woman told police she was then ordered to drive until, at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and Bushnell Street, the man got out of the vehicle and fled north.
Police said they unsuccessfully tried to track the robber's footprints in the snow.
The man is described as black, approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall and wearing dark clothing.
Police believe this case might be related to a similar robbery at the same ATM that occurred Jan. 6.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Beloit Police Department at 608-364-6801 or Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000