JANESVILLE, Wis. - The death of a 52-year-old woman is under investigation in Janesville after a Tuesday incident, according to police.
Janesville police said a gunshot was heard from the home in the 400 block of North Walnut Street at 9:03 a.m. as a deputy approached to serve civil process papers.
A SWAT team responded to the scene.
There was no one else in the home, according to police.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry