JANESVILLE, Wis. - The death of a 52-year-old woman is under investigation in Janesville after a Tuesday incident, according to police.
Janesville police said a gunshot was heard from the home in the 400 block of North Walnut Street at 9:03 a.m. as a deputy approached to serve civil process papers.
A SWAT team responded to the scene.
There was no one else in the home, according to police.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program