JANESVILLE, Wis. - The death of a 52-year-old woman is under investigation in Janesville after a Tuesday incident, according to police.
Janesville police said a gunshot was heard from the home in the 400 block of North Walnut Street at 9:03 a.m. as a deputy approached to serve civil process papers.
A SWAT team responded to the scene.
There was no one else in the home, according to police.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother