MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old Madison woman told police she was able to escape a stranger's attempt to pull her into a minivan Sunday night.
The victim told police she was walking in the 900 block of South Park Street when a man pulled up and offered her a ride. She said she ignored him, and he got out of the van and grabbed her arm trying to pull her toward the van.
The woman was able to get away and ran until she found someone out walking a dog who helped her contact police.
The minivan is described as blue, boxy and a newer model. It was last seen driving south on South Park Street.
The man is described as black, with dreadlocks and a chubby face.Madison crime map
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday