MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old Madison woman told police she was able to escape a stranger's attempt to pull her into a minivan Sunday night.
The victim told police she was walking in the 900 block of South Park Street when a man pulled up and offered her a ride. She said she ignored him, and he got out of the van and grabbed her arm trying to pull her toward the van.
The woman was able to get away and ran until she found someone out walking a dog who helped her contact police.
The minivan is described as blue, boxy and a newer model. It was last seen driving south on South Park Street.
The man is described as black, with dreadlocks and a chubby face.Madison crime map
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later