MADISON, Wis. - A rollover crash that injured six children and closed Interstate 39/90 south of Madison has resulted in numerous charges against the driver.
Leslie Figgs, 29, of Chicago, is charged with four counts of violating child safety restraint requirements, two counts of failing to have passengers using seat belts and operating while suspended.
She's scheduled to appear in Dane County Court on Sept. 9.
Eight people were injured in the July 14 crash at mile marker 145. The six children injured in the crash range in age from 3 to 11 years old.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall