MADISON, Wis. - A rollover crash that injured six children and closed Interstate 39/90 south of Madison has resulted in numerous charges against the driver.
Leslie Figgs, 29, of Chicago, is charged with four counts of violating child safety restraint requirements, two counts of failing to have passengers using seat belts and operating while suspended.
She's scheduled to appear in Dane County Court on Sept. 9.
Eight people were injured in the July 14 crash at mile marker 145. The six children injured in the crash range in age from 3 to 11 years old.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK