MADISON, Wis. - A rollover crash that injured six children and closed Interstate 39/90 south of Madison has resulted in numerous charges against the driver.
Leslie Figgs, 29, of Chicago, is charged with four counts of violating child safety restraint requirements, two counts of failing to have passengers using seat belts and operating while suspended.
She's scheduled to appear in Dane County Court on Sept. 9.
Eight people were injured in the July 14 crash at mile marker 145. The six children injured in the crash range in age from 3 to 11 years old.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads