MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County sheriff's deputy was nearly hit Tuesday morning by a woman who was later arrested on her third charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
The incident happened around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday on Stoughton Avenue (U.S. Highway 51), just south of Milwaukee Street.
According to the Sheriff's Department, the deputy was conducting a traffic stop on Stoughton Avenue. When he was preparing to leave his squad car, a second car driving northbound nearly hit his car.
The deputy got back in his car, went north on Stoughton and pulled over the car as it exited onto Milwaukee Street.
The driver, Amanda Nachtigal, 26, of Madison, was charged with third offense OWI.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race