MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a woman who hit numerous vehicles while trying to flee the scene of an accident is in the Dane County Jail on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
The incident happened just after midnight in the 500 block of West Mifflin Street.
According to police, multiple callers to the 911 center said a red Jeep Cherokee driven by Taylor Barney, 21, of Madison, was involved in an accident. As the callers were on the phone, the Jeep crashed into another parked vehicle.
Police said Barney drove her Jeep around the block before returning to the 500 block of West Mifflin and colliding with several other vehicles. Police said Barney was located, identified as the driver and refused to take a breath test.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets