MILWAUKEE - Court records show one of the two women arrested in the death of a 7-year-old child in Milwaukee was previously convicted of neglecting a child who died from his injuries.
In the most recent case, police say the boy had numerous injuries when he was brought to the hospital Tuesday and died a short time later. Two women, ages 44 and 47, were arrested in the death. Two men were also arrested for failing to prevent bodily harm.
Court documents show the 44-year-old woman was convicted of fatal child neglect in the 2003 death of a 1-year-old boy. She was sentenced to 18 months in prison. The woman's sister and teenage daughter were also convicted in the death.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that in the 2003 case, then-prosecutor Mark Williams listed the abuses the baby suffered in court and said, "The child was literally tortured in many different ways. He was tortured in many different ways."
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs