SUAMICO, Wis. - A Green Bay woman charged with driving drunk and causing a crash that killed a passenger is being held on $25,000 cash bail.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Savannah Dumas was drunk when she missed a curve on county Highway J in Suamico Wednesday night and struck an embankment. Twenty-one-year-old Megan Frehse was killed. Another passenger, a 23-year-old woman, was injured.
A criminal complaint says the surviving passenger told investigators the three women had been drinking at several establishments and had a number of mixed drinks throughout the night.
Dumas is charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle and causing injury while driving drunk.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents