SUAMICO, Wis. - A Green Bay woman charged with driving drunk and causing a crash that killed a passenger is being held on $25,000 cash bail.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Savannah Dumas was drunk when she missed a curve on county Highway J in Suamico Wednesday night and struck an embankment. Twenty-one-year-old Megan Frehse was killed. Another passenger, a 23-year-old woman, was injured.
A criminal complaint says the surviving passenger told investigators the three women had been drinking at several establishments and had a number of mixed drinks throughout the night.
Dumas is charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle and causing injury while driving drunk.
- Thieves target academic offices in string of textbooks thefts, officials say
- Conservation group reacts after judge allows high-impact uses at Sauk Prairie rec area
- Driver reverses into trooper vehicle during traffic stop, officials say
- Bicyclist injured in crash with semi, Dodge County officials say
- Consumer Reports: Pet-proof your house
- Beloit police officers gear up to wear body cameras in schools