JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested after police said he fired three gunshots inside the home he shared with his girlfriend.
The Janesville Police Department said patrol units responded to a report of shots fired at 708 Yuba St. Friday at 5:55 p.m.
Witnesses told police they heard a heated argument involving the residents before hearing three gunshots fired from within the home.
Anthony R. Longtin, 22, of 708 Yuba St. was arrested on a felony charge related to the shooting.
Police said his girlfriend, a 20-year-old woman who also lived in the home, escaped the house during the disturbance and was not injured.
Longtin is being held at the Rock County Jail on a charge of second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and domestic violence.
According to the report, a gun and evidence of the shooting were seized during a search of the home.
Police said Longtin has a court appearance scheduled Oct. 7 at 1 p.m.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial