WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - A Wisconsin man is suspected of cutting off three of his own fingertips in an attempt to frame another man during a post-breakup altercation.
Wood County police say the 21-year-old broke into his ex-boyfriend's home in Marshfield on Saturday to discuss their relationship.
Court records say the intruder tried to light his ex's bedsheets on fire and cut him with a knife. The man then cut off his own fingertips and said he would claim his ex-boyfriend had cut them off.
The man later told police he did it himself. A police report says the man was arrested at the emergency room after seeking medical attention.
The Wausau Daily Herald reports that he's in Wood County Jail on a $30,000 cash bond. He's scheduled to appear in court Thursday.
- Platteville PD looks for bank robber
- Squirrel likely cause of loud noise that locked down Beloit school
- Police advisory: Fake IRS scam targets Janesville Area
- Police officer gives homeless man $100 to buy uniform for new job
- UW School of Business to consider ending full-time MBA program, officials say
- PD: Extensive debris left from wreck in Madison area where speeding BMW driver struck hydrant, tree