FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A Fond du Lac woman is accused of throwing herself to the ground and trying to hurt herself so an ambulance would give her a free ride home.
A Reporter of Fond du Lac report said a man called police saying the 36-year-old woman wouldn't stop hassling him for money.
The woman said the man owed her $100. Police told her to take up the matter in court and leave the property. She said she had no money for cab fare and asked police to drive her home.
When the officer refused she asked for an ambulance. The officer said she had to be injured, so she threw herself down and said she hurt her knee.
Police called the ambulance but told the woman she'd be billed.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns