ELKHORN, Wis. - A 35-year-old Walworth County man who was convicted of sexually assaulting a friend's 2-year-old girl has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
A Janesville Gazette report said Scott L. Anderson was also sentenced Friday to 10 years of extended supervision.
Prosecutor Joshua Grube said the child was an innocent victim who was "totally unable to defend herself.
The child's mother called police in September 2011 saying she found Anderson sleeping with his hand in the girl's diaper. Anderson didn't deny that account, but testified that he didn't realize where his hand was until he woke up. He said he wasn't touching her for sexual pleasure.
Defense attorney Joshua Klaff asked the judge to consider a sentence of probation only. He said Anderson has psychiatric problems and needs treatment.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother