ELKHORN, Wis. - A 35-year-old Walworth County man who was convicted of sexually assaulting a friend's 2-year-old girl has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
A Janesville Gazette report said Scott L. Anderson was also sentenced Friday to 10 years of extended supervision.
Prosecutor Joshua Grube said the child was an innocent victim who was "totally unable to defend herself.
The child's mother called police in September 2011 saying she found Anderson sleeping with his hand in the girl's diaper. Anderson didn't deny that account, but testified that he didn't realize where his hand was until he woke up. He said he wasn't touching her for sexual pleasure.
Defense attorney Joshua Klaff asked the judge to consider a sentence of probation only. He said Anderson has psychiatric problems and needs treatment.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers