WAUWATOSA, Wis. - The state Justice Department said investigators are questioning a person of interest in the shooting death of a police officer patrolling in suburban Milwaukee on Christmas Eve.
Wauwatosa police discovered their colleague, 30-year-old Jennifer L. Sebena, dead early Monday morning a couple hours after she failed to respond to radio calls. She'd suffered several gunshot wounds.
Police and state agents released a statement Wednesday saying they were working with a person of interest. The Justice Department released a statement later Wednesday saying investigators were questioning that person.
They said the public is in no immediate danger.
WTMJ in Milwaukee reported that Sebena's husband is the person of interest being questioned by police. No arrests have been made.
Funeral services for Sebena will be held Saturday at Elmbrook Church in Brookfield.
Visitation will be at the church from 9 a.m. to noon, with the service immediately following. Sebena will then be buried at Wisconsin Memorial park in Brookfield.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry