Gov. Scott Walker has ordered that flags be lowered to half-staff in remembrance of those killed at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek.
Walker said in a statement Monday that the people of Wisconsin join with the Sikh community in mourning those killed Sunday and remembering their lives. Walker says "as our state comes together to care for the survivors, our hope is that the families and the whole Oak Creek community find healing and strength in the memory of their loved ones."
Seven people were killed in the shooting, including the gunman who has been identified as Wade Michael Page.
Flags are ordered to be lowered until sunset Monday and the day of each victim's funeral.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight