Gov. Scott Walker has ordered that flags be lowered to half-staff in remembrance of those killed at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek.
Walker said in a statement Monday that the people of Wisconsin join with the Sikh community in mourning those killed Sunday and remembering their lives. Walker says "as our state comes together to care for the survivors, our hope is that the families and the whole Oak Creek community find healing and strength in the memory of their loved ones."
Seven people were killed in the shooting, including the gunman who has been identified as Wade Michael Page.
Flags are ordered to be lowered until sunset Monday and the day of each victim's funeral.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls