MADISON, Wis. - A Virginia man wanted on rape and abduction charges was arrested in Madison Wednesday night.
Ronald Lacks, 29, was arrested in south Madison just before 10:30 p.m. following two thefts. The first theft happened Tuesday afternoon when a cellphone was stolen from the Quaker Stake & Lube on Gorham Street. The second theft occurred about 4 p.m. Wednesday when a tip jar was taken from Victor Allen's Coffee on South Mills Street.
Madison police said an officer used video surveillance to connect the two crimes.
Police said the officer found Lacks, also known as David Martin, in the South Park Street area Wednesday night. He was arrested and faced charges of theft and obstructing.
Lacks is wanted by the Halifax County Sheriff's Office in Virginia for a recent rape and abduction.
Police said Lacks had been staying with relatives in the Dane County area.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter