MADISON, Wis. - A Virginia man wanted on rape and abduction charges was arrested in Madison Wednesday night.
Ronald Lacks, 29, was arrested in south Madison just before 10:30 p.m. following two thefts. The first theft happened Tuesday afternoon when a cellphone was stolen from the Quaker Stake & Lube on Gorham Street. The second theft occurred about 4 p.m. Wednesday when a tip jar was taken from Victor Allen's Coffee on South Mills Street.
Madison police said an officer used video surveillance to connect the two crimes.
Police said the officer found Lacks, also known as David Martin, in the South Park Street area Wednesday night. He was arrested and faced charges of theft and obstructing.
Lacks is wanted by the Halifax County Sheriff's Office in Virginia for a recent rape and abduction.
Police said Lacks had been staying with relatives in the Dane County area.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm