MADISON, Wis. - A man crashed his vehicle into cars and other objects before striking a traffic light on East Washington Avenue, leading police to discover the man had heroin, according to Madison police.
Officers heard the vehicle driven by Shannan R. Meylor, 35, crash at about 9 p.m. Thursday while they were on the scene of a traffic stop on East Washington Avenue. The officers said they discovered Meylor's vehicle crashed at the intersection of East Washington Avenue and Marquette Street.
Police said they found Meylor's vehicle had struck numerous vehicles and other objects in the 1200 block of East Mifflin Street and on East Washington Avenue. No one was injured in any of the crashes.
Police said Meylor had heroin. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin, operating while intoxicated and numerous traffic offenses.Madison crime map
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff