MADISON, Wis. - As Madison and Dane County law enforcement investigate a series of random shootings, an auto dealership on Madison's east side says a van in its parking lot was struck by a bullet.
Madison police said officers were dispatched to Wilde East Towne Honda at 5555 High Crossing Blvd. on Thursday morning after a bullet hole was discovered in a Honda Odyssey.
Officers said they recovered evidence.
The damage to the van's tailgate caused about $3,000 in damage, according to police.
Other shootings involving vehicles and building on Madison's east side and just east of the city are also being investigated.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral