MADISON, Wis. - As Madison and Dane County law enforcement investigate a series of random shootings, an auto dealership on Madison's east side says a van in its parking lot was struck by a bullet.
Madison police said officers were dispatched to Wilde East Towne Honda at 5555 High Crossing Blvd. on Thursday morning after a bullet hole was discovered in a Honda Odyssey.
Officers said they recovered evidence.
The damage to the van's tailgate caused about $3,000 in damage, according to police.
Other shootings involving vehicles and building on Madison's east side and just east of the city are also being investigated.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend