MADISON, Wis. - A Madison flower shop was nearly robbed on Valentine's Day by a man armed with a handgun, according to police.
The lone employee at Rose Cottage Floral at 3010 Atwood Ave. said a man entered the store before 8 p.m. asking to buy flowers when the back door opened and a man entered displaying a handgun.
The employee was holding a paring knife and started swinging at the robber, prompting him to leave, according to police.
Nothing was taken.
The man is described as white, in his 30s, shorter and wearing a dark hood with a drawstring.18561684
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say