MADISON, Wis. - A Madison flower shop was nearly robbed on Valentine's Day by a man armed with a handgun, according to police.
The lone employee at Rose Cottage Floral at 3010 Atwood Ave. said a man entered the store before 8 p.m. asking to buy flowers when the back door opened and a man entered displaying a handgun.
The employee was holding a paring knife and started swinging at the robber, prompting him to leave, according to police.
Nothing was taken.
The man is described as white, in his 30s, shorter and wearing a dark hood with a drawstring.18561684
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say