MADISON, Wis. - A Madison flower shop was nearly robbed on Valentine's Day by a man armed with a handgun, according to police.
The lone employee at Rose Cottage Floral at 3010 Atwood Ave. said a man entered the store before 8 p.m. asking to buy flowers when the back door opened and a man entered displaying a handgun.
The employee was holding a paring knife and started swinging at the robber, prompting him to leave, according to police.
Nothing was taken.
The man is described as white, in his 30s, shorter and wearing a dark hood with a drawstring.18561684
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer