MADISON, Wis. - A Madison flower shop was nearly robbed on Valentine's Day by a man armed with a handgun, according to police.
The lone employee at Rose Cottage Floral at 3010 Atwood Ave. said a man entered the store before 8 p.m. asking to buy flowers when the back door opened and a man entered displaying a handgun.
The employee was holding a paring knife and started swinging at the robber, prompting him to leave, according to police.
Nothing was taken.
The man is described as white, in his 30s, shorter and wearing a dark hood with a drawstring.18561684
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration