SAUK COUNTY, Wis. - Two women were found dead in a hotel room at the Ho-Chunk Casino on Thursday, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the hotel at 11:04 a.m. by Ho-Chunk security.
The women are identified as Stephanie L. Mortimer,25, of Reedsburg and Ashley M. Brault, 27 of Madison.
Investigators said they believe the deaths are possibly drug related. They said they located needles, syringes and other smoking devices used for the consumption of drugs.
Autopsies were completed on Friday with toxicology reports pending.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK