MADISON, Wis. - A security officer was attacked in front of Black Friday shoppers when he approached three women and a teenager he suspected of theft.
The 24-year-old victim told police the women were leaving the JC Penney at East Towne Mall before 8 p.m. Friday and were heading into the mall when he asked them to stop.
He said the women and 14-year-old girl punched and kicked him. He was not seriously hurt, but bleeding from a cut near an ear.
Police said stolen clothes and other items were found in a stroller beneath a baby.
Lesley M. Williams, 22, of Sun Prairie, was arrested on suspicion of battery and retail theft. Ashley R. Williams, 24, of Reedsburg, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
Alicia A. Lembeke, 23, of Sun Prairie, was cited on suspicion of retail theft.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery and released to a family member.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later