MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating two more armed robberies near the UW campus early Wednesday morning.
They also are looking into the possibility that one of the two might be connected to three other robberies that happened in the same area Monday night.
Madison police said the first one happened just before 1 a.m. on Brooks Street, in the same neighborhood where three strong-armed robberies happened late Monday.
In all four cases, the men involved in the robberies stole electronic equipment from the victims. In every case but the robbery inside the apartment on Gilman, men were seen getting out of a late model sedan before robbing people walking down the street.
Wednesday's second armed robbery happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment on West Gilman Street.
People who know anything about these incidents are asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral