MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating two more armed robberies near the UW campus early Wednesday morning.
They also are looking into the possibility that one of the two might be connected to three other robberies that happened in the same area Monday night.
Madison police said the first one happened just before 1 a.m. on Brooks Street, in the same neighborhood where three strong-armed robberies happened late Monday.
In all four cases, the men involved in the robberies stole electronic equipment from the victims. In every case but the robbery inside the apartment on Gilman, men were seen getting out of a late model sedan before robbing people walking down the street.
Wednesday's second armed robbery happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment on West Gilman Street.
People who know anything about these incidents are asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say