MADISON, Wis. - Madison police searched a west side apartment building for suspects in a shooting late Monday night.
Police were called to the 4700 block of Jenewein Road at 9:53 p.m. after a report of shots fired.
Police said two people were injured. One was shot in the incident, while another person was beaten.
Both are talking with officers at the hospital and have non-life-threatening injuries, according to police. The men are both from Madison and in their 20s.
Police said they believe the shooting is related to an ongoing dispute between two groups of people.
"We did find evidence that a firearm was discharged, so we wanted to make sure that all the area residents who may be in the path of that firearm being discharged are safe, and that the suspects weren't in adjacent buildings," said Sgt. Brian Cheney of the Madison Police Department.
Police said the search didn't turn up any suspects, and they're not releasing any more information about the incident.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say