MADISON, Wis. - Madison police searched a west side apartment building for suspects in a shooting late Monday night.
Police were called to the 4700 block of Jenewein Road at 9:53 p.m. after a report of shots fired.
Police said two people were injured. One was shot in the incident, while another person was beaten.
Both are talking with officers at the hospital and have non-life-threatening injuries, according to police. The men are both from Madison and in their 20s.
Police said they believe the shooting is related to an ongoing dispute between two groups of people.
"We did find evidence that a firearm was discharged, so we wanted to make sure that all the area residents who may be in the path of that firearm being discharged are safe, and that the suspects weren't in adjacent buildings," said Sgt. Brian Cheney of the Madison Police Department.
Police said the search didn't turn up any suspects, and they're not releasing any more information about the incident.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000