MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for help in finding a thief they say is responsible for stealing iPhones from three different people on three different occasions on Metro buses.
Police say the thief targets women sitting near rear doors and waits for the bus to stop to take the phones from their hands.
All the cases were reported on the city's near west side.
A 30-year old Madison woman had her iPhone taken near the intersection of Regent Street and North Midvale Boulevard around 11:30 a.m. on April 12.
A 23-year old Madison woman had her iPhone taken in the 2000 block of University Avenue around 1:30 p.m. on April 19.
A 19-year old woman had her iPhone stolen in the 400 block of Science Drive around 1:10 p.m. on April 26.
The thief is described as in his teens to early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash