MADISON, Wis. - A thief got possession of a handgun, rifle, shotgun and ammunition after breaking into a car, according to Madison police.
Police said the car was parked in an unlit alley in the 300 block of South Brooks Street.
The owner of the car, a 23-year-old Madison man, called police Sunday morning after discovering his car had been broken into overnight.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls