MADISON, Wis. - Two teens were cited after concerned citizens reported seeing teenagers carrying a gun near East Towne Mall on Thursday, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers said they responded to the area at about 5:30 p.m. and found a 15-year-old, 14-year-old and two 12-year-olds. The officers found an Airsoft pistol under a tree near where the group was walking.
Two of the teens were cited for having a facsimile weapon.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say