MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old boy pulled a real-looking BB gun on a man inside an apartment building, according to a release from Madison police.
The 24-year-old man told police he was in his apartment in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road Saturday afternoon when he smelled marijuana in the hallway. He said that when he went into the hallway to ask a group of teens to leave the 14-year-old reached into his waistband, pulled out a handgun and asked the man, "What you gonna do about it?"
The man went back into his apartment and called police who found the teen and took him to the Juvenile Reception Center.
Police said a BB gun was found in the teen's apartment, but the teen denied being armed during the confrontation. He was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say