MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old Madison teen was taken to a hospital for treatment of head injuries after a mugging Sunday evening, according to police.
Madison police were sent to the 1700 block of Lake Point Drive around 7:53 p.m. for a strong armed robbery. The victim told police four attackers approached him from behind. He said he was struck in the head, knocked down then punched and kicked multiple times.
A witness yelled to stop the attacks, prompting the men to flee. An iPod Touch was taken.
The men are described as black, 16 to 18 years old, 5 foot 9 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing 150 to 180 pounds. One of them was wearing a gray and green sweatshirt.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say