MADISON, Wis. - The three University of Wisconsin-Madison students accused of attacking Badgers running back Montee Ball are out of jail after receiving signature bonds as bail.
Wendell J. Venerable, Deonte J. Wilson and Robert A. Wilks were ordered to have no contact with Ball.
Ball suffered a concussion and other injuries when he was attacked by several men near campus Aug. 1, according to police. The three students were arrested Tuesday.
One of the men, Deonte J. Wilson, told WISC-TV he is being wrongly accused.
A Madison police report said detectives are still investigating a fight at a house party July 27 involving students, players and other individuals. While Ball was present, police found no evidence he was involved, according to the police report.
Venerable, Wilson and Wilks are scheduled to appear in court Sept. 10.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire