MADISON, Wis. - The three University of Wisconsin-Madison students accused of attacking Badgers running back Montee Ball are out of jail after receiving signature bonds as bail.
Wendell J. Venerable, Deonte J. Wilson and Robert A. Wilks were ordered to have no contact with Ball.
Ball suffered a concussion and other injuries when he was attacked by several men near campus Aug. 1, according to police. The three students were arrested Tuesday.
One of the men, Deonte J. Wilson, told WISC-TV he is being wrongly accused.
A Madison police report said detectives are still investigating a fight at a house party July 27 involving students, players and other individuals. While Ball was present, police found no evidence he was involved, according to the police report.
Venerable, Wilson and Wilks are scheduled to appear in court Sept. 10.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street