MILWAUKEE - A suspected thief has been struck and killed by an SUV west of downtown Milwaukee.
Police said the 45-year-old man was hit after he ran into the street with trash bins over his head. Authorities say he had stolen them from a nearby Walgreens about 3 a.m. Friday.
Police said alcohol was found in the vehicle of the 26-year-old driver who struck the man. They say she stayed on the scene and admitted to drinking. Authorities say she was also driving on a suspended license.
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Wisconsin legislators say cheese deserves more recognition
- Man held on attempted homicide charges after stabbing
- Dane County law enforcement targets dangerous intersections to reduce violations, crashes
- Communities hope for youth sports complexes as economic boost
- UW-Madison professor in London at time of attacks speaks to News 3