MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man followed a suspected drunken driver around Madison's east side while calling police until the truck came to a stop Thursday.
The 38-year-old witness told police he noticed a man driving a truck erratically past him on Highway 30 at about 6 p.m. and called police. The man followed the truck on Aberg Avenue where the witness said the truck struck a vehicle while turning right onto North Sherman Avenue.
The truck pulled over on Huxley Street at Northwestern Avenue. The witness asked nearby residents to call 911 because the battery on his cellphone had died.
Police said an open beer was found in the cab of the truck along with empty beer cans, an empty vodka bottle and an open bottle of wine.
Danny A. Schroeder, 39, of Cross Plains, was arrested on suspicion of second offense operating under the influence, duty upon striking a vehicle, intoxicants in a vehicle, operating a vehicle without insurance and cited on suspicion of casual possession of marijuana.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say